Sunday, March 28, 2010

About Me...

About Me

I’m asleep

I’m dreaming

Caged in slumber

I’m screaming.


I’m a poet:

I hallucinate

Ignorant of words

I’m illiterate.”



I’ve lost to reason;

Yet I rave through my pen

Of damsels and blades

And of suicidal men.


A mask anonymous I don

Acknowledgement a distant blur-

Still awaits recognition

An un-proclaimed whited sepulchre.


Idol of trust and obligation:

Psychoanalyst of the deranged

Curbing the underlying dementia

Specious character from me estranged.


Words and verse: my inefficient virtue

I exude descriptive expression,

Ineffective against my nosferatu:

His offer of complete oblivion.


I arrest myself in my fantasy:

An armour to battle my terror,

Ally sides with sweet betrayal,

A sardonic tale of human error.


Lost is the sense of independence,

Trapped with my passion and wrath:

Sanity gives way to irrationality

A deep hidden undiagnosed sociopath!


Entombed in everlasting slumber,

A wry lament of my stolen identity,

I am the reluctant protagonist

Of my own psychedelic insanity!

4 comments:

  1. after reading all of them..all i say is..." besh bhalo!!!"....

    Shine on,
    Akash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psychedelic state of mind, yet your page layout is monochromatic?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liked the dark lost feeling the background gave me...anyways i'll keep changing the layout...i'm very fickle minded u know?

    ReplyDelete
  4. for the first time i am happy to admit that i was wrong in my initial review on the poem.
    tonight i received a firsthand synopsis and i was happy to get a different insight on what i first considered as irregular splashing of words.
    i have spent a short span with the poet and i knew his dark and twisty !!!! but i cud'nt define it.
    i see it quite clearly now. it is very revealing.
    prithi might seem to have joined the league of twisty writers, which i usually tend to hate very much just as i hate too much heavy metal screeches... but ultimately it is the substance not the phenotype that matters.
    i have learnt a valuable lesson....
    and i feel honored to grant an 8/10.
    dont complain about the remainin 2...coz i m still not a fan of dark and twisty!!!!

    ReplyDelete