Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Do svidaniya...


Tonight as I was sleeping, I saw a weird dream...that I'm leaving home...leaving everything behind...and when I had left...I saw my mom was crying a lot...dunno whether it was this dream or was it the chennai heat...my sleep broke...tried to sleep but couldn't...so I took out my notebook and wrote this...dedicated to the dream....

Do svidaniya

I did not want to let you down,
Always been me who turned the smile around,
I’m never coming back to this town,
I’m going far away...

Feel sorry for never being sorry,
I’ll be fine mom, please don’t worry,
Will sit and write a day, I wont parry,
I’m going just a little bit far away...

I’m my mother’s only son,
Not so perfect but her only one,
Hold your tears mom, I’m not done,
I’ve got a bottleful to give away...

I was seldom ever truthful to you,
Never loved the sweet morning dew,
Friends I had were forever few,
None will miss me when I’m away...

I had loved that girl since my senior years,
A part of me died, when I saw her tears,
For her, I forsook my weaknesses and my fears,
All that changed when she went away...

Sometimes I had hoped for her to miss
The times, the moments of sweet bliss,
A private stolen sweet salty kiss,
But she had gone too far away...

I had locked up some terrible dreams
Of intimidating thunders and cacophonous screams,
Of blood flowing in rivers and in streams,
Those dreams have yet not gone away...

There was none with whom I shared,
My fears, my smiles, as no one cared,
Neither did I, when I myself erred,
I’ll start over when I’m away...

It’s pitch dark in the night outside,
The waves battle the shingle in high tide,
I bid my time to walk out the door’s wide,
It’s almost time for me to go away...

Right outside the door I see sunrise,
Eventually it’s time for the goodbyes,
I’ll miss my home and you likewise,
Now that you’ve read the letter, I’m already long gone.

1 comment:

  1. A wonderful poem...its a song of homecoming...take a break son...bari dakche!!!!

    ReplyDelete