Friday, April 30, 2010

Broken Promises...


Darkness reigns as the moon feigns,

It’s glory dominated by my friend,

A company in this quiet night,

A company in its own trend.


Melancholy plays with my memories,

A ruthless game of hide and seek,

I lose myself in my aching head,

Sleepless from a droplet's creek.


Not a new visitor where I sit:

Been here in the times of gloom,

It’s where I hide my paradise,

It’s where I face my doom.


Had been welcomed at your doors

With a dear friend's exclamation

Of roars and claps of happiness:

My usher to sweet intoxication.


You took me in kicking and screaming,

An unconsoled new born bleeding,

You promised you'd stop this beating,

You promised you'd stop me breathing!


Since then I kept returning,

An addict to my drugs I became,

A man dependant on his mistress

For bed related chores of shame.


Hence I come back to you today

With high hopes of the unfulfilled

My head and heart strewn with memories

Today I forgo my cared shield!


But alas! Where are you now?

I look at you but none looks back!

You don’t welcome me now?

I miss the breeze, your usual knack.


I never fathomed your soothing jargon,

Just presumed that you call,

Me into your bottomless self,

But you leave me at my fall!


I sit here where I had before,

And wait for you to show,

The smallest sign of recognition,

The smallest sign that you know!


But not a ripple across your face,

No soothing breeze from your side,

Is this your way of sympathy?

Or have you finally died?


Moments pass with minutes and hours,

You do not come back to me,

I finally lose hope and turn,

You did not answer my plea!


But as I was about to leave

A gentle breeze sings in my ear!

The phantom leaves me to comprehend,

The reason of your behavior.


You need me as I need you,

Though your promise was a feign

I’ll come back always as I do

I’ll come back, my friend!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there!

    really liked ur thoughts in this poem..the imagery was nice n dark..

    I also write poems..Pls do visit me at my page:

    http://www.versepoems.com/2010/03/love-lady-of-night.html

    Ur opinion wld be invaluable.Tx.

    ReplyDelete