Saturday, October 22, 2011

Lithium

Let me apologize to start with,

Let me apologize for all I said and did,

'Coz many a times I was ignorant

Of what was wrong and right

But many a times I could swear

It was you.


I have seen the emptiness,

I have felt the blue

I have been the nascent storm

The calm before the gloom

And all I did to fill the void

Was thrown away askew.


I’m a loner by popular choice

And I’m silent by my own,

I rest by day in a ricketing bed

And stitch my heart

With no heart to mend

And yes, the pun was my intent.


If you try to find a rhyme

It’s not here; don't waste your time,

My words are crude, no need to chime,

Don’t be my friend, just go, it’s fine

I won't be sad, the pleasure is mine

Don’t miss me, I know, but I’ll be dying.

3 comments:

  1. Hello AI,
    Why did you stop writing? It's been a long time since you posted anything :(

    I started a new blog. Please do visit it here

    https://riversihaveknown.wordpress.com/

    If you like it, please become a follower.
    Looking forward to feedback from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Little Girl,
      Thank you for taking your time to comment on the poem. I have been lost under the daily toils of a normal life for quite a few months now and I have been trying to scribble as many times as I can...but I've failed to sync with my subconscious...

      But I'll never stop writing...

      Until then comment on my other poems and become a follower too if you like them. :)

      Delete
  2. Very nice poem. But please keep writing. I have visited your new blog but nothing is there.

    ReplyDelete